Here in LA, we’ve got the largest population of Iranians outside of Iran. Thus the nickname, Tehrangeles. And let me tell you something about Persians– the women are intimidatingly beautiful (to some. Mama’s cool, obviously), their kebabs kick butt and they love their Beemers.
Persian teen boys are notorious for not accepting their BMWs in any format other than an M. And if Daddy doesn’t buy it for them, well, there’s only one thing to do — A Persian Conversion.
Here’s the recipe:
1. Take one 3 series. Model isn’t important.
2. Remove all model indicators (particularly on the back end).
3. Don’t bother with the things that could make your model identifiable to a real car person, because this is really about your buddies at school and the girls in the Starbucks parking lot. They don’t remember that last year’s M3 had dual exhaust.
4. Go online and buy as many “M” accessories as possible– license plates, steering wheel wraps, etc– don’t forget the all important M itself.
5. Slap those babies intermittently throughout the automobile’s exterior. Glue gun, duct tape, whatever.
6. Finally, put on your Dodger’s hat, turn 90 degrees, pop in some Marshall Mathers, turn up to 20 and burn some rubber, even if it means spilling your Frappuccino.